This year’s crop of Sweet Georgia Peaches are here! Your stay in our beautiful North Georgia Mountains is the perfect opportunity to visit some of our local farmers markets and grab some of these delicious treats for yourself.
We at Georgia Mountain Cabin Rentals recommend you pick up a bushel the first chance you get! And if you have any left after you have eaten your fill, then this recipe sounds just about perfect for a lazy mountain afternoon!
~ Fresh Peach Lemonade ~
- 3 cups Fresh Peaches, diced (about 6 peaches)
- Zest of 3 Lemons
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 6 cups cold Water, divided
- 1 cup Fresh Lemon Juice (juice of about 7 lemons)
- Garnish (Peach slices, Lemon slices, Mint)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced peaches, lemon zest, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and let mixture simmer but do not boil.
- When peaches are very soft, mash with a fork to break them up.
- Let mixture simmer until it thickens and becomes slightly syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the peach syrup mixture into a bowl and discard the solids.
- Add the lemon juice to the peach mixture.
- Pour into a pitcher along with 4 cups of Cold water. Refrigerate if desired.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh peach slices, fresh lemon slices and mint.
- Enjoy immediately!