Fall in the quaint North Georgia Mountain town of Blue Ridge is an amazing time of year. If you have never taken a fall mountain vacation, you should truly consider this option. There are so many reasons why this is such a great get-away, however, I will limit it to the five top reasons I think this is such a tremendous town to visit in the fall months.
- Fall foliage – Can we say absolutely amazing?!?! The color hues of all the leaves are unbelievable this time of year and so many of our cabins have views that will have you not wanting to leave the screened in porch where you are sitting and enjoying your coffee. Perhaps you have reserved a cabin with one of our amazing hot tubs where you can relax and enjoy the view as well. The beauty of the mountains can be viewed not only from your cabin but all over town!
- Perfect Temperatures – It is not too hot nor too cold! Temperatures are usually in the 70’s during the day but in the evening, you never come to Blue Ridge without a sweater. The crisp fall weather is upon us and it is time to escape the heat and get that relaxing vacation in perfect weather conditions by enjoying the outdoors by the firepit or near the rumbling creek.
- Excellent hiking weather – If you love to explore, this is the time of year to be adventuresome and take some hikes that you will always remember. The scenery will be unbelievable so do not forget your camera. View this map in order to see the different areas that Blue Ridge has for you to explore. If you are a pet owner, your dog can accompany you on your hiking adventures. We offer pet friendly cabins such as Talking Waters that your pet will love!
- Destress time– If you are like most people in America, you are a hard worker and deserve some time away from the hustle and bustle of work and city life. The mountains can offer this escape whether you prefer a one bedroom cabin such as Journey’s End for you or you and your significant other to enjoy or a large group of friends or family to escape and destress together at a bigger cabin such as Bear Creek Lodge.
- Falls and Festivals – This is the fun time of year to hit all of the mountain festivals, craft fairs, and fall fun! Blue Ridge offers many amazing activities such as the Fall Arts in the Park and Paws in the Park. These are just a few of the awesome places to make many mountain family memories.
Call us today at 706-632-5751 and let us help you plan your fall family vacation!
Are you ready for one of the biggest North Georgia Mountain events of the year? The Blue Ridge Lodging Association and the Fannin County Chamber of Commerce presents the 2016 Blues and BBQ event which will be held Thursday September 15th through Saturday the 17th.
Blues and BBQ Weekend Agenda!
After Hours Kick Off Party – Thursday September 15th – 5 to 7 pm
Come enjoy this free community event that will be held at the beautiful Willow Creek Falls located at 85 Trackside Lane. This expansive special events facility will be the perfect North Georgia Mountain location for this exciting event. This is the perfect opportunity to meet others and kick of an exciting weekend together!
The menu for Thursday night will be Smoked pork bellied sliders with bourbon sauce and Hawaiian chicken sliders will be available and catered by the fabulous Angelfire 7. Enjoy the free food, fun and fellowship in the Blue Ridge Community. You will see why so many people truly love this amazing North Georgia Mountain town.
Blues Crawl – Friday September 16th – Begins at 7pm
The Blue Ridge Blues Crawl in downtown Blue Ridge will be a blast as usual! Crawl through 8 different restaurants enjoying live music, food, and drinks as we celebrate the start of our Blues Weekend in the mountains.
The rolling beer and wine train ride will start off the evening. Be sure and reserve your tickets
today for that event.
You will not forget this fantastic evening in a great town making memories with your friends and family!
Blue Ridge Blues and BBQ Festival – Saturday September 17th – 12 to 9pm
Enjoy this family friendly event at the downtown Blue Ridge City Park. $5 admission (12 and under are free) Downtown Blue Ridge sets the stage as a fantastic back drop and venue location for a perfect early fall event.
The sounds of Blues music and the sweet smell of BBQ from local and regional cookers will fill the air as families and groups of friends enjoy this unique setting and event.
The leaves start to change at this time of year with cooler days and crisp evenings that invite outdoor activities such as this!
Most the kiddos may be back in school but there is still plenty of amazing summer weather to enjoy with your family. Our BACK TO SCHOOL ULTIMATE KIDS WEEKEND 20% OFF SPECIAL BEGINS TODAY!! Pack your bags and head to the beautiful mountains of Blue Ridge, Georgia to get in that family weekend vacation that you wish you had been able to do before the rush of school began!
There is still time and below is a list of 5 awesome kids weekend activities that they will love!
- Hike a waterfall! There are a variety of levels of waterfalls for all age kids to enjoy. Even the youngest of children will like Fall Branch Falls which is located off the amazing Aska Road in Blue Ridge. A short hike where they can see a sample of the beauty that exists in Fannin county. For a complete list of waterfalls, visit the chamber website.
- Tubing – A great event for kids of all ages! Whether you tube the Ocoee or the Toccoa, there is nothing quite as awesome as sitting and relaxing on a tube while enjoying the peace and serenity the mountain rivers offer. If you have a younger child, they can share a tube with you. August temperatures in the river are about the warmest so now is a great time to come and enjoy Toccoa Wilderness Tubing.
- Horseback Riding and Ziplining! – Another wonderful activity for the whole family to enjoy. Depending on the age of the child, there are easy trails and more advanced trails for the ones that are experienced or adventurous in nature. At Adventure Trail Rides, they offer beautiful scenic trail rides displaying a lot of the beauty of Blue Ridge that have people craving to come back to these North Georgia Mountains. Now, talking about adventurous! Ziplining is truly a blast for anyone that is not afraid of heights and likes a thrill. Blue Ridge Zipline Canopy Tours and Adventure Park is two of the most fun activities in North Georgia. They offer an adventure course and ziplines that you are going to love. The zipline course and aerial adventure park were designed and constructed by the leading company in the industry. Perfect for tweens and teens. They will talk about this for sure to all of their friends when returning to school from the ultimate kids weekend!
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway –This fun activity is a 4 hour, 26 mile round trip which winds along the beautiful Toccoa River for 1 hour in vintage climate-controlled or open-air rail cars. You will have a layoff in the quaint town of McCaysville where shopping, lunch and enjoying a mountain town can be enjoyed before boarding the train and heading back to Blue Ridge. This is a fun experience the whole family can enjoy together.
- Swan Drive In – Take the kids to one of only three remaining drive ins in the state of Georgia. Pack the car with pillows, chairs and enjoy what is normally a double feature! You can enjoy the concession stand of funnel cakes and deep fried oreos. The kids will no doubt love that. Also, get there early enough to get a spot in the front and let the kids run around and play on the lawn before the show starts. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Tell the kids it is time to put down the cell phones and other electronics to enjoy the beauty of the mountains and make memories that will last a lifetime!
One of the things I love so much about Blue Ridge is all of the dog lovers that come to visit this town. The town is so welcoming of all the animals as many have dog bowls full of cold fresh water for all the visiting four legged friends. Also, many allow you to take your “baby” into the store with you!
If you have not had the chance to enjoy the Paws in the Park, now is the year for this fun opportunity. On Saturday, October 15th, bring your pet to the 4th annual event. Join hundreds at the beginning of the leaf season for a fast and yet relatively flat certified 5K run and Mutt Mile! (the mutt mile is a shorter version. This is perfect for walkers and little ones)
The 5K registration starts at 7:30 and the race begins at 8:30. This great event is sponsored by the Humane Society of Blue Ridge, Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association and the store Love Dogs and Cats too.
After the race, there will be a parade that is always a blast. Many dress up their adorable pets and show them off in the parade which is a walk around the beautiful town of Blue Ridge. Even kitties and llamas have participated in the fun. Come participate in one of the many events that make this town so awesome! Also, call us to book your pet friendly cabin for that weekend.