Most the kiddos may be back in school but there is still plenty of amazing summer weather to enjoy with your family. Our BACK TO SCHOOL ULTIMATE KIDS WEEKEND 20% OFF SPECIAL BEGINS TODAY!! Pack your bags and head to the beautiful mountains of Blue Ridge, Georgia to get in that family weekend vacation that you wish you had been able to do before the rush of school began!
There is still time and below is a list of 5 awesome kids weekend activities that they will love!
- Hike a waterfall! There are a variety of levels of waterfalls for all age kids to enjoy. Even the youngest of children will like Fall Branch Falls which is located off the amazing Aska Road in Blue Ridge. A short hike where they can see a sample of the beauty that exists in Fannin county. For a complete list of waterfalls, visit the chamber website.
- Tubing – A great event for kids of all ages! Whether you tube the Ocoee or the Toccoa, there is nothing quite as awesome as sitting and relaxing on a tube while enjoying the peace and serenity the mountain rivers offer. If you have a younger child, they can share a tube with you. August temperatures in the river are about the warmest so now is a great time to come and enjoy Toccoa Wilderness Tubing.
- Horseback Riding and Ziplining! – Another wonderful activity for the whole family to enjoy. Depending on the age of the child, there are easy trails and more advanced trails for the ones that are experienced or adventurous in nature. At Adventure Trail Rides, they offer beautiful scenic trail rides displaying a lot of the beauty of Blue Ridge that have people craving to come back to these North Georgia Mountains. Now, talking about adventurous! Ziplining is truly a blast for anyone that is not afraid of heights and likes a thrill. Blue Ridge Zipline Canopy Tours and Adventure Park is two of the most fun activities in North Georgia. They offer an adventure course and ziplines that you are going to love. The zipline course and aerial adventure park were designed and constructed by the leading company in the industry. Perfect for tweens and teens. They will talk about this for sure to all of their friends when returning to school from the ultimate kids weekend!
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway –This fun activity is a 4 hour, 26 mile round trip which winds along the beautiful Toccoa River for 1 hour in vintage climate-controlled or open-air rail cars. You will have a layoff in the quaint town of McCaysville where shopping, lunch and enjoying a mountain town can be enjoyed before boarding the train and heading back to Blue Ridge. This is a fun experience the whole family can enjoy together.
- Swan Drive In – Take the kids to one of only three remaining drive ins in the state of Georgia. Pack the car with pillows, chairs and enjoy what is normally a double feature! You can enjoy the concession stand of funnel cakes and deep fried oreos. The kids will no doubt love that. Also, get there early enough to get a spot in the front and let the kids run around and play on the lawn before the show starts. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Tell the kids it is time to put down the cell phones and other electronics to enjoy the beauty of the mountains and make memories that will last a lifetime!